Here is what we discussed at the meeting:
Austin Imbiber Meeting Places and Gathering Ideas
- Edward 40 Hands Malt Beverage Party - Taping 40's to our hands and drinking them
- Chickenshit Bingo at Ginny's Longhorn Saloon
- North Side Pub Crawl - Poodle Dog Lounge, La La's ...
- Local Brewery/Distillery tours
- Wurstfest in New Braunfels
- Booze Related Arts and Crafts Gathering
flask in a book
bottlecap logo keyrings
- We need to Recruit a Doctor... I can't remember why
- Contribute recipes
- Boardgame and drinks party
- Wahoo's Mug Program
- Calibration Party - use breathalyzer to determine what it feels like to be legally drunk
- Volunteer to do cadet training as "Real Live Drunks"
- We should have a "learn drinking songs" gathering
- Cereal Party/Saturday Morning Cartoons/ Pajamas - I'm not sure how this relates to booze
- Educational Home Brew meeting with the Hagans
- Regional tasting parties i.e. Japanese Beer, Sake, etc. anime porn ;)
- Gary suggested an annual meeting celebrating the end of prohibition, March 23, 1933 it lands on a monday this year, so we'll all take tuesday off
Manny made Annie a drink called "The Grape Ape" which consisted of:
Pink Grapefruit Juice, Vodka, Ginger Ale, and a Lime.
Special note: Absinthe is the worst hangover ever.
Each member has their own title that is silly and booze related. We may get some shirts made. The fronts shall say "ehhh... we're drinking", the backs say "that's the whole point"
We could also get cocktail shakers engraved with our member names.
Manny will build a sign from spare parts at work.
We would like to build a mobile bar and keep an inventory of alcohol with it. Everyone can contribute whatever they desire and how much.Here is what we have so far:
Vodka: Savvy (2) bottles
Dripping Springs Vodka
Myers Dark Rum
Paulas Texas Orange Premium Liqueur
Paula's Texas Lemon Premium Liqueur
Bombay Sapphire Dry Gin
Wine: Texas Hold'em Grand Reserve Red
Texas Hold'em Grand Reserve White
Beer: Jasperilla Old Ale (2)
Saint Arnold Lawnmower (4)
Saint Arnold Amber (5)
Real Ale Rio Blanco Pale Ale
Real Ale Brewhouse Brown (4)
Real Ale Fullmoon Rye Ale (4)
Shiner Bohemian Black Lager
Reeds Extra Ginger Brew (3)
1 2L Coke
Austin Imbiber's Society determined we should adopt a street with the Keep Austin Beautiful program. Most people thought it should be downtown for the most visibility and we'll only have to do it 2 times a year.
Rachel suggested we could help with greenbelt clean up for community contribution on Earth Day or otherwise. We could also feed the homeless... or give them alcohol.. have to check on that one.
We wish to evaluate all the sober ride programs in Austin and see which are the most effective.
Another note: Bacon Salt is RAD!